This fabulous cupcake decorating inspiration has been provided by the Great British Bake-Off Finalist, Yasmin Limbert.
To make the cakes:
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g self raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
To make the buttercream:
- 100g butter
- 200g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mini marsh mallows
- Decorating sugars
- Preheat the oven to 180c/gas mark 4. Put 12 cupcake cases in a muffin tray.
- Put the butter and sugar in a bowl and beat until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Fold in the flour.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and then leave to cool for 10 minutes in the tin. Remove the cupcakes from the tin and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the buttercream, put the butter and sieved icing sugar into a bowl and mix well.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Next, top with the buttercream ready for the petals.
- Use scissors to snip each marshmallow in half diagonally. This gives a sticky edge on the cut - dip this edge into the sugar and you have a petal.
- Use the flat edge to stick the petal onto the cupcake.
- Start with the outside edge and complete 3 rings. Finish with one marshmallow in the centre.
- You will need about 16 marsh mallows for each cupcake.
If you're interesting in decorating these cupcakes slightly differently, have a browse through our range of personalised cupcake decorations.