Gluten Free Mint Choc Chip Christmas Cupcakes
These gluten free cupcakes look and taste delicious, a perfect addition to any Christmas party. Here's the ingredients and recipe for making these fabulous cupcakes:
Ingredients (makes 12 cupcakes)
- 2 large eggs
- 185g gluten-free self raising flour
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 150g caster sugar
- 80ml milk
- 150g dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla essence
- 142ml double cream
- 100g chopped chocolate
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- ready to roll icing
- sieved icing sugar
- pearl white edible silk
- edible silver sequins
- rolling pin
- star cutters in different sizes
- antique white foil cupcake cases
- white snowflake cupcake wrappers
To make the cupcakes:
- Heat oven to 170c (fan 150c).
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Line baking tray with cases.
- In a food mixer, beat the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla essence and cocoa powder.
- Stir in sifted flour, chocolate chips and milk.
- Divide batter between the cases.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until cakes bounce back when lightly pressed.
- Place on rack to cool.
- Ganache: in a medium pan, heat the cream and sugar until it is about to boil.
- Remove from the heat and pour over chopped chocolate and stir until chocolate has melted.
- Add 1/2 tsp peppermint extract and mix until you have a smooth consistency.
- Pour chocolate ganache over cooled cupcakes and leave to set.
- Add a few drops of peppermint extract to roll on icing.
- Dust icing sugar onto a hard clean surface and roll out icing to 3mm thick.
- Cut out 8 stars in different sizes, for each cake.
- Layer up the stars to form a tree.
- Dust the top of the cakes with sieved icing sugar and place iced tree in the centre.
- Dust tips with edible silk using a damp brush.
- Sprinkle trees with edible sequins and glitter.
- Place completed cupcakes in white snowflake cupcake wrappers.
This recipe has been kindly provided by the blog Torie Jayne. Torie's blog is about all things pretty and creative, from shabby chic to fashion, via decorative crafts and stylish boutiques.
If you're looking for Christmas cake and cupcake decorations, have a look at our range of personalised Christmas cake decorations.